Three things about me!
I was tagged by Michelle (Lipstick Rules) & Olivia (Weekend Luxury) a little while ago to do this tag. Things have been a bit hectic but I’m finally getting around to doing it.
Three names I go by:
3. Nomes or Nomie
Three jobs I have had:
2. Inventory Control Clerk
3. Assistant mgr at a cooking store
Three places I have lived:
2. Jamaica (for the first 10 months of my life)
Three favorite drinks:
1. Five Alive
2. White wine
Three TV shows I watched (I don’t watch TV):
1. Law & Order
3. Cold Case
Three places I have been:
2. British Virgin Islands
Three places I would like to visit:
Three people who text me regularly:
2. Janine (mu cousin)
3. Viki or VR
Three favorite old TV shows:
1. Harry and the Hendersons
3. Inspector Gadget
Three favorite dishes:
3. Seafood Newberg
Three makeup/beauty products I cannot live without:
2. Moistuizer with SPF (Clinique Superdefense)
3. A good lip balm
Three things I’m looking forward to:
1. Having a family
2. Getting older w/ the hubs & seniors day at SDM lol
3. Renewing my wedding vows in a few years
I tag any who wants to do this tag.
Mascara is my must-have makeup item. I don’t know about you guys but I feel so naked when I forget to put it on. I have tried so many mascaras over the years and here are a few of my favourites. I’m curious to know what some of your facourite mascaras are so I’ve decided to make this a tag post. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to do it.
Cover Girl Lash Black
Clinique High Impact
Maybelline Express Volume
Defining and Lengthening Mascaras:
Maybelline Stellito (this is usually pared with one of the above mascaras)
The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara
Clinique High Definition
Rimmel Sexy Curves
Lipstick Rules (Michelle)
The Makeup Snob (Sara)
Robert Smith’s Mistress (Lyndsay)
Too Much Blush (Em)
I was tagged by Shifa at Get Gawjus! to list 10 random facts about myself and tag 10 others.
1. I hate mushrooms; but I’ll eat them if I can’t see them.
2. I put ketchup on just about everything.
3. I used to play piano but quit after my grade 3 exam.
4. I LOVE to swim
5. I’m petite at 5ft 1 (and a half) inches.
6. Eye lash curlers scare me when I see other people using them.
7. I collect teddy bears
8. I’m the second youngest of four siblings.
9. I’m a Virgo
10. If I could go back to school full-time, it would be to take an aesthetics course.
Now, I tag:
My Makeup Reviews
Beauty with a Caramel Twist
My Humble Reviews
Robert Smith’s Mistress
Sparkle is my Crack
Tacky Blue Eye Shadow
The Style of Neighbourhood
I was tagged by the fabulous Shifa at Get Gawjus for this tag. Thanks again for tagging me Shifa, you’re a doll.
Shampoo: Lush Rehab Shampoo ~ It get’s my hair clean without stripping it.
Conditioner: Lush Retread ~ It’s super moisturizing and leaves my hair really soft.
Styling products: Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding
Shower Gel: I used Honey I Washed The Kids soap from Lush
Body moisturiser: Cetaphil Moisturizer (summer) or Curel Extreme Care (winter)
Face moisturiser: Origins: A Perfect World & Clinique Superdefence spf 25 (combination/oily skin)
Deodorant: Lady Mitchum antiperspirant & deodorant
Fake Tan: I’m naturally bronzed. lol
Cleanser: Origins: A Perfect World cleanser & MAC Cleanse Off Oil to remove makeup
Exfoliator: Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub
Primer: Korres Vitamin E face Primer or MAC Prep & Prime Skin
Foundation: Liquid: MUFE Face & Body, Powder: MAC Studio Fix
Foundation brush: MAC 109 or The Beauty Blender
Concealer: MAC Select Cover-up
Powder: Mac Blot Powder
Blusher: NARS Love Joy, MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Mocha, Milani Mai Tai
Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Lite in #3 dark
Highlighter: MAC Warming Trend (lightest shade)
Eyeshadow base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Eyeshadows: MAC: Soba, Sketch, Woodwinked, Plumage, Embark, Corduroy, Patina, Texture, Typographic
Eyeliner: MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, Smashbox Cream Liner in Caviar, Joe Fresh Pen liner in black
Curler: My lashes are naturally curly
Mascara: Clinique High Definition & High Impact , Cover Girl Lash Blast, Loreal Voluminous
Lipstick: MAC Cockney, MAC Lickable, NYX Chloe
Lipgloss: MAC Lusterglasses
Nail Colour: Sephora for O.P.I in Metro Chic ( I want it in the LE Matte version)
Sparkle is my Crack (Lisa Kate)
Lisa Kate tagged everyone on this and I thought that it would be fun so here you go.
Create a New Blog Post, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your title as “Getting to Know Each Other!”, then tagged as many people as you like
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:15 AM
2. How do you like your steak? medium rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Dark Night
4. What is your favorite TV show? …I haven’t watch tv in 3 years.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Italy
6. What did you have for breakfast? nothing yet.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Ethiopian and Jamaican.
8. What foods do you dislike? Mushrooms, cauliflower and brussel sprouts.
9. Favorite place to eat? The Ethiopian House
10. Favorite dressing? Creamy Cucumber
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I don’t drive.
12. What are your favorite clothes? wrap dresses
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? CN Tower, The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 Full
15. Where would you want to retire? I’m not sure. maybe Vancouver, BC
16. Favorite time of day? Afternoon
17. Where were you born? Jamaica
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? I like figure skating although it’s not really a sport is it.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? ??
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? ??
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird watcher? I have better things to do with my time then to watch birds.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m an afternoon person
24. Do you have any pets? 2 cats
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? …we’re working on it. lol
26. What did you want to be when you were little? an artist, then a kindergarten teacher
27. What is your best childhood memory? Easter Egg hunts at the family Easter brunch
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I like both
29. Are you married? damn skippy.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always.
31. Been in a car accident? thankfully no.
32. Any pet peeves? know-it-alls that don’t quite know-it-all.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? pineapple
34. Favorite Flower? Calla Lillies
35. Favorite ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Harvey’s
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Twice, third times a charm.
38. From whom did you get your last email? OCC Makeup
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? There would be more than one: MAC, Sephora, Reitmans.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? nope
41. Like your job? Not really but it pays the bills.
42. Broccoli? Yes please.
43. What was your favorite vacation? I agree with Lisa Kate and will say my honeymoon.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My husband for our anniversary last month.
45. What are you listening to right now? Lily Allen
46. What is your favorite color? Blue, Pink, Red and Purple.
47. How many tattoos do you have? 0
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? All my readers!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 8:54AM
50. Coffee drinker? Sometimes…but it makes me jittery.
I’ve been tagged by the beautiful Sher at Voodoo Dolly to share with you the five things that I’m obsessed about.
I really can’t seem to get enough of them. I love finding out about new products on the market and what people think of them. They have also been a great resource for when I go shopping for myself or for things to add to my kit. The best part is the interaction that you get from the people that follow your blog or the blogs that you enjoy reading.
My Cats Max (grey) and Sam (black) These two bring so much joy to my life. I’m so glad that the hubs and I have them. My husband works nights so we thought that it would be a good idea to have pets so that I could have some company.
Cooking I didn’t really start cooking until I moved in with the hubs. some of my favourite things to make are quiche and my absolutely scrumptious cheese salad made with beaded, pan-seared Camembert cheese serves on a bed of mixed greens topped with Craisins and homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Books/Reading I’ve always loved to read and have been reading since I was. A few of my favourite book series are Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Twilight. I also love books by Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell.
I tag: Sara (The Makeup Snob),Halifax (Sparkled Beauty) & Robert Smith’s Mistress.
Shifa over at Get Gawjus tagged anyone who read her post on her must have mac items for eyes, so I decided that I would list mine:
~All That Glitters
I think that I may be one of the few people out there that doesn’t like the 224. For me the 217 is a far superior blending brush; the 224 blows the colour too far up on the eye for my liking.
Let me know what your must-have MAC items in the comments below.
I thought that this looks fun so decided to fill it out.
How long have you been using MAC?
Since 1995; I got a few things for my grade 9 graduation.
What was your first MAC product?
MAC Studiofix powder and Fetish lipstick.
What’s your all time favourite MAC product?
I love the Creamsheen lipsticks, lusterglasses,eye shadows and blot powder.
What’s your least favourite MAC product?
The foundations. Studio Fix Fluid is ok but I don’t think that I would repurchase it.
Do you own a Pro Card?
Your MAC foundation shade?
I wear blot powder in dark, Studio Fix Fluid in NC50.
What’s your favourite MAC foundation?
I don’t really like the foundations.
Mocha, Ambering Rose, Flirt & Tease and Intenso
Patina, corduroy, Soba, Embark and Sketch are my staples.
I’m not really a lipstick person, but I do like Lickable, Cream in you Coffee and Plum Dandy.
I’m a lipgloss fiend! I love Love Nectar, Star Nova, Money Honey,Wonderstruck, Little VI and Viva Glam V.
I don’t usually use liner but I do like Blacktrack fluid line , smolder and engraved.
I have a few. The 109 for applying liquid foundation, blush and contour, 217 is great for applying shadows as well as blending out concealer,129 is great for applying pressed powder and blushes.
I haven’t ventured into the pro products yet.
Comment on the following MAC product; Have you used them? If so, give feedback.
Prep & Prime Skin:
This is not a bad product. I like it for dryer, lighter complected skins.
Full Coverage Foundation:
Studio Sculpt Foundation:
Face & Body Foundation:
Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation:
Too shiny for my skin.
Studio Fix Fluid:
Not a bad foundation but I wouldn’t repurchase.
Hyper Real Foundation:
Select SPF15 Foundation:
I didn’t like this foundation.
Studio Tech Foundation:
Studio Fix Powder:
Too heavy for my skin.
Not bad but makes a better concealer.
Hyper Real Pressed Foundation:
I finally got my hands on Eversun. I really like this for no makeup makeup days.
Sculpt and Shape Powders:
Loose Blot Powder:
Pressed Blot Powder:
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:
Not bad, I just don’t like the way that it photographs on me; makes some parts of my face look ashy.
They have some great colours and a nice range of finishes.
I don’t mind these. I little goes a long way and I have to set with powder.
These are my favourite blushes. I especially love Intenso from the Grand Duos collection.
Cream Colour Base:
I have one but haven’t used it yet.
Studio Sculpt Concealer:
Select Cover Up Concealer:
This is one of my favourite concealers.
Select Moisturecover Concealer:
Studio Finish Concealer:
Great for covering up blemishes.
I just use a bit of foundation over the lips. There’s really no need for this product imoh.
Tinted Lip Conditioner:
See Thru Lip Colour:
Overpriced for what they are but they sure are pretty.
Yuk! It’s way too sticky.
I don’t usually use these.
I didn’t like these because they don’t apply easily.
I like sublime culture.
I’m starting to fall in love with these. I love Fresco Rose, Delft, Blackground, Indianwood and painterly.
Great range of colours to choose from.
See pro products!
See pro products.
I love how smudgy these are.
Liquid Last Liner:
I prefer fluidlines.
These look great but I’ve never purchased from MAC.
This is a great everyday mascara.
Plush Lash Mascara:
Fibre Rich Lash Mascara:
Dazzle Lash Mascara:
What has been your favourite MAC collection to date?
I’m not a collector and only purchase one or two items from a collection if it catches my eye.
Which MAC collection in your opinion do you think was disappointing, if any?
Hello Kitty, Dame Edna, Naked Honey.
What products do you think MAC are missing?
I don’t think that they are missing anything but some of their products could use a revamping, like their foundations.
What’s your favourite MAC product? Leave a comment below.